Friday, May 2, 2014
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
8:00am to 5:30pm
Our Discounted Room Block is Selling Out Fast!
As we move from the legislation to implementation phase of the Affordable Care Act, many facets of health care reform are becoming more evident. With multiple Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) open for business, and health exchanges taking form in various states across the country, it is clear that despite ongoing legal challenges, change is going forward, perhaps at a rate faster than envisioned.
Health care entities and providers are grappling with the fact that the health care delivery landscape continues to evolve and that reimbursement is now clearly tied to "outcomes and value" versus the traditional "productivity and volume". As readmissions and value-based purchasing penalties hit the bottom lines of hospitals and health systems across the country, it has also become clear that the continuum of care responsibilities are stretching beyond traditional boundaries and forging many new, and previously unimagined, collaborative partnerships. Health care delivery is now a community responsibility with growing emphasis on population health improvement.
Revisiting a recommendation from a decade old Institute of Medicine report, we continue to struggle to make health care safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered (six aims), which appears to be the foundation for success in addressing this new, ongoing challenge around health care reform.
*The Affordable Care Act is a reality. Accountable Care Organizations are up and running. Providers need the tools to succeed and prosper in this new environment. The 2014 Annual Conference will provide attendees information on current strategies being employed; and "tools they can use" to get paid for innovation and high-value care. At the conclusion of the conference, attendees will be able to:
*Schedule/Topics are tentative and subject to change.
- Document to be paid for the full scope of care delivered
- Capture the outcomes required by Pay for Performance
- Analyze the fiscal outcomes of physician-hospital integration
- Discover leadership skills to facilitate your colleagues’ success
- Discuss evidence correlating positive patient experiences with quality and safety
- Engage as providers to adapt throughout the transition to ICD-10
- Determine the priority of mental health issues in your practice setting
- Recognize the impact of the Baldrige systematic approach to organizational performance management
- Obtain updated information on practice efficiencies