CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIP
To uphold ABQAURP's professional standards and maintain Diplomate status, Diplomates must meet all recertification requirements as determined by the Board of Directors. Under this policy, Diplomates are required to continue their professional education in the field of Health Care Quality and Management (HCQM) and Patient Safety through participation in an approved program for continuing education. It is essential for each Diplomate to complete a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of applicable continuing education per 2-year recertification cycle. Additionally, through the continued support by means of annual fees, Diplomates help support the research and development of educational programs and to maintain the integrity of the certification examination.
The recertification cycle is 2 years, with the member's initial recertification cycle beginning on January 1, after passing the exam, and ending on 12/31 of the second year.
- Each member is required to complete a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of HCQM applicable continuing education per 2-year recertification cycle.
- Each member is required to remain current with all account balances.
Completion of a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CEU credit hours of ABQAURP-sponsored continuing education through any combination of the following options:
- Attendance at any ABQAURP accredited CE Conference.
- Completion of any ABQAURP accredited CE Home Study or Online Course(s).
- Attendance at any ABQAURP accredited jointly sponsored program of 8 CME / 8 CE or more credit hours.
- Development of an approved CE course or seminar for ABQAURP. The member will be awarded 8 credits toward the recertification requirement. Please contact Renee Willoughby by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Completion of a minimum of 8 CME / 8 CE credit hours of HCQM-focused content through non-ABQAURP sponsored CE programs. A CE Recertification Application must be submitted with certificates of attendance and the applicable fee. Click here to view/download the CE Recertification Application.
Re-examination for Diplomate members.
Termination of Diplomate Status
Diplomate status may be terminated by the Board of Directors for the following reasons:
- Revocation of professional license; or
- Failure to fulfill the continuing education requirement as determined by the Board of Directors; or
- Falsification of application, felony offenses or other adverse professional action detrimental to the organization as defined by the Board of Directors; or
- Failure to pay all dues and fees owed to ABQAURP.
Approved by the Board of Directors February 11, 2003