Don’t Miss This Opportunity to be Connected!
April 25-26, 2019
The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
420 West Market Street
San Antonio, Texas
As we approach the tenth anniversary of the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), we note that much has changed within health care, but much has stayed the same. The primary goal of the law was to increase access to care, while driving down costs and improving quality. In support of the overarching goal, a few of the key initiatives relied upon for success have been the Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Pay for Performance (P4P), and the Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH). There have been some strides and some continued challenges.
Along with relative success and remaining opportunities, the PPACA has served as a rallying cry to make needed improvements and has been able to bring together stakeholders representing many facets of health care. Thus the theme for ABQAURP’s 42nd Annual HCQ&PS Conference: Connecting People, Purpose & Passion. We invite you to join your colleagues in San Antonio, Texas, April 25-26, 2019, to engage in discussions related to payment reforms within Medicare and Managed Care, regulatory provisions addressing security and compliance, the evolving role of the physician advisor, updates in transitions and coordination of care, and the critical issue of provider burnout and well-being. Our remarkable faculty will seek to provide tools to improve resource management, nurture a culture of safety, and prevent or appeal insurance denials.
*At the conclusion of the conference, attendees will be able to:
- Assess documentation and utilization best practices in preventing denials and appeals
- Identify challenges and opportunities in case management and the impact on the patient care team
- Integrate quality improvement measures to position your organization for success
- Employ strategies to combat clinician burnout and return the passion to providing care
- Evaluate barriers affecting positive health outcomes and successful care transitions
- Recognize how the role of the physician advisor affects quality and efficiency
- Describe the impact of value-based care on physician engagement
- Integrate HIPAA rules with new privacy regulations to ensure patient privacy
*Schedule/Topics are tentative and subject to change.