ABQAURP welcomes applications for the joint providership of continuing medical education (CME) activities. We are committed to providing continuing medical education to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of health care delivered to patients, improving the overall clinical outcome.
ABQAURP is Accredited with Commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. As part of this accreditation, we are able to jointly provide accredited continuing education activities for non-accredited, eligible organizations. ABQAURP is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing to sponsor nursing contact hours (CE) for nurses; credits are transferable to all 50 states.
As an accredited provider, ABQAURP is here to work with your organization to ensure the accreditation process runs as smoothly as possible. Benefits of working with ABQAURP include one-on-one assistance as we work with you to develop your activity. Your learners simply complete an online survey to print CME/CE certificates. Certificates remain on their account for easy access for reprints.
Some of the organizations that have selected ABQAURP for Joint Providership:
For more information, contact Deborah Naser at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 998-6030, extension 118.
Joint Providership Program
- American Hospital Association
- Associates in Emergency Medical Education, Inc.
- Cal Hospital Compare
- Georgia Society of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (GSASC)
- Harvard Medical School Center for Bioethics
- Health Management Academy (HMA)
- Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET)
- John A. Boswick, M.D. Burn and Wound Care Foundation
- National Transitions of Care Coalition (NTOCC)
- Otolaryngology & Allergy Specialists Integrated Solutions (OASIS)
- Physicians' Review Network (PRN)
- United Surgical Partners International (USPI)
- World Congress
The ACCME defines joint providership (JP) as the providership of a CME activity by one accredited and one non-accredited organization. ABQAURP Joint Providership occurs when the following criteria are met:
CME Mission Statement
- ABQAURP’s Health Care Quality and Patient Safety mission (and CME mission) aligns with the non-accredited organization.
- The non-accredited provider is not an ACCME-defined ineligible company nor does it have a parent/sister company that is owned or controlled by an ineligible company.
- Either the accredited provider or its non-accredited joint provider have control of identification of CME needs, determination of educational objectives, selection and presentation of content, selection of all persons and organizations that will be in a position to control the content of the CME, selection of educational methods, and evaluation of the activity.
- The accredited provider must take responsibility for a CME activity when it is presented in cooperation with a non-accredited organization and must use the appropriate accreditation statement.
The Continuing Medical Education (CME) program is designed to effectively improve and/or change competence, performance, or patient outcomes through the quality of care that physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals provide. Our goal is to develop CME that addresses the professional practice gaps of the learner and contributes to quality, patient safety, and practice improvement that is based on valid content, independent of commercial interests, and free from bias.
The CME and Continuing Nursing Education mission of ABQAURP is to develop and provide useful educational interventions for medical and health care professionals. These programs ensure that participating health care professionals receive up-to-date information on the ever-changing health care environment, as well as strategies for implementing this new information into their practice.
The CME program shall address content related to topics that encompass Quality Assurance/Management, Utilization Review, Insurance & Managed Care, Workers' Compensation, Clinical Resource Management, Credentialing & Privileging, Risk Management, Prevention of Medical Errors, Case Management, Regulatory Environment, and Patient Safety.
Physicians from all specialties, Nurses, Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Nursing Officers, Medical Directors, Hospital/Health System Administrators, Physician Advisors, Directors of Quality/Utilization, Risk Managers, Case Managers, Claims Specialists, and all other Health Care Professionals.
CME is delivered via live conferences, enduring materials and internet programs. ABQAURP participates in joint providership with select non-accredited providers when the program is consistent with ABQAURP's CME mission and falls within the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) guidelines for CME. The CME program will be continually reviewed and improved by incorporating traditional adult educational methods with non-educational strategies and/or blended or new approaches to drive meaningful learning and change.
By participating in ABQAURP CME programs, participants will:
- Enhance their knowledge, skills, and strategies in the subject areas offered (competence);
- In some instances, improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of health care delivered to the patients (performance);
- In some instances, improve the overall clinical outcome for patients (patient outcomes).
Multiple methods, such as surveys, post-testing, and physician interviews will be used to identify and monitor program effectiveness in meeting identified educational needs and changes in practice. Both qualitative and quantitative approaches will be incorporated to assess changes in knowledge, skills, performance-in-practice, and/or health status improvement. The results of the evaluation of the overall program will be used to guide improvements.
Joint Providership Application Process
The following documentation is necessary to begin our review of a non-accredited organization’s educational program:
- A completed Joint Provider's Attestation form will initiate the review process for any new joint provider. Once reviewed for compliance, ABQAURP will forward our JP CME Planning Document for completion.
- The JP CME Planning Document must be submitted to ABQAURP within 2-6 months depending on the size of the activity. Included with the application must be at least one documented source for the needs assessment.
- Please use this Conflict of Interest (COI) Faculty/Planning Committee Disclosure Form to communicate to the planners and faculty that they must follow ACCME requirements when preparing a presentation for CME. Everyone in control of the content must complete and return a conflict of interest disclosure form, their current Curriculum Vitae (CV), or Biographical Data (Bio). They must also provide a copy of their presentation to ABQAURP for final accreditation to occur.
- Defined in ABQAURP’s Joint Providership Policy is a comprehensive review of the ACCME requirements, in which all non-accredited providers must abide by in signing the JP CME Planning Document.
||ABQAURP is Accredited with Commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) as a provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs; ACCME is the official accrediting organization for CME for MDs and DOs. It is required each jointly provided Continuing Medical Education activity be planned and implemented in compliance with the ACCME's Accreditation Requirements and Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
Accreditation Requirements and Descriptions of the ACCME
Standards for Commercial Support: Standards to Ensure Independence in CME Activities
ABQAURP met the educational requirements and has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing to provide contact hours (CE) for nurses in our educational programs, Provider # 50-94. These credits are transferable to all 50 states and Washington D.C.
ABQAURP automatically updates Florida Nursing Contact hours to CE Broker monthly.
ABQAURP collaborates with CMEsolutions to provide Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) credits.