Individuals who perform or are involved in any of the following activities below have the opportunity to enhance their existing clinical credentials by obtaining Sub-Specialty certification. This option is a reflection of ABQAURP’s continual evolution into the many associated areas of Health Care Quality and Management.
Additional certifications are available in the following categories:
- Case Management
- Managed Care
- Patient Safety / Risk Management
- Physician Advisor (physicians only)
- Transitions of Care
- Workers’ Compensation
All eligible candidates must verify:
1. Current Diplomate status with ABQAURP.
2. Current, non-restricted licensure and/or certification appropriate to the individual’s profession in EACH state or territory in which the individual is licensed or certified (if applicable to individual’s profession).
3. Documentation of active involvement in the candidate’s chosen Sub-Specialty (Physician Advisor, Transitions of Care, Managed Care, Patient Safety/Risk Management, Case Management or Workers’ Compensation) within the past four years. A minimum of 312 hours must be devoted to each Sub-Specialty, which is an average of two hours per week over three years. This experience must be verified by a reference on the appropriate form.
4. A minimum of 24 hours of ABQAURP-approved continuing education pertinent to the chosen Sub-Specialty.
There is a $200.00 non-refundable fee for each Sub-Specialty (applying for these at time of initial certification qualifies for reduced rates). Contact Barbara Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Health Care Quality and Management Certification and the Physician Advisor Sub-Specialty Certification are endorsed by: